6.04.2006

poor little guy



i found this little guy wandering the streets today. i was leaving the house for a walk and saw him wandering down the street. i started to follow him and it became clear right away that he was lost. my neighbor fran had also been following him on her bike and said he had been following him as he went up and down the street.



i decided that i would try to get him on some kind of leash to prevent him from being hit by cars and try to follow him around the neighborhood to see if he would lead me home. fran caught him while i was looking for some string. he seems to be totally indifferent to the world around him. he has cataracts, doesn't respond to sounds, and makes no eye contact. he doesn't seem to notice if you pick him up or to have any desire for affection.



he seemed pretty disoriented on our little walk, just going in one direction and then going back the other way over and over. i kept asking people if they recognize him but no one does. it makes me sad. i'm going to try to turn him over to a no-kill humane society tomorrow because no one is open tonight. i guess he'll stay here for the night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg and B,
I am surprised you did not call us. He is a cute little guy. Good thing Christy is not here or she would have had the dog for her own. Glad you were able to help him. Mom Connie

Christy and Randy said...

Yes, my mom is right. I would have taken the dog and made sure he was taken care of until it was his time. I have a soft spot for all "puppies". I am going to have to be careful once I get a house of my own or pretty soon I will be moving to the country to have my own petting zoo! :-) Thanks for taking care of the little guy, every dog deserves some love and affection.
PS I have some pictures on my page of the dogs I am taking care of right now.

The Goodfellas said...

what a poor little baby!!! :(
seems like he must have an owner though, looks like he had a recent haircut no?
maybe you could keep him!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I think there is no doubt Christy will have a petting zoo for all the neighborhood children to come to visit. She has a natural way with children and animals. They love her so!! Mom Connie

ningyo said...

Oh! What a sweet little thing! I'm so glad someone kind found him to take care of him! A few puppies have been ditched in the huge park near our house, but there's no animal shelter anywhere in Chiba prefecture...

btw-I will be mailing your CD of pictures by this Wednesday, if not today! I'm so excited for you to see them since I totally realized I never was able to...seeing as you went on your honeymoon after your wedding and all that...