6.01.2006

a really great day



so regretting the lameness of my post from earlier today and remembering beth's request to tell a bit about how i met the ellusive brian, i went looking through my computer. i realized that i have a lot of good pictures from us dating but none in digital form. so here's a bit about the wedding.



i don't really remember being nervous, but it was quite surreal to be the bride at a wedding. i've played lots of other roles, but i think this one may have been the most fun. :)



brian, much like me, wasn't nervous either. he was very cute though.



the ceremony was quick and with few hitches. the biggest problem was that i couldn't seem to find brian's left hand. i kept reaching for his right to put the ring on, and he kept pulling it back, so i kept more forcibly reaching for it. i finally figured out that he wasn't being a jerk, i was just confused...



the reception was really cute and a lot of fun. we had cupcakes!



it was a perfect day. i wish i could remember more of it! i realize that i have lots of fond memories of that day, but both brian and i agree that if we had it to do again, we would alot MUCH more time so we could experience it.

up next...how we got to that point! (sometime, i really need to scan some pictures!)

10 comments:

ningyo said...

Oh Megs! You are so gorgeous! We'll will try by next weekend to send you two a CD of all the pictures we have! I've got great ones of Brian dragging you away as you wave goodbye.

grubekl said...

What a lovely lovely wedding! You were so beautiful and Brian so handsome! Where did you find your fabulous beaded dress?

The Goodfellas said...

are those pictures ones the photographer took, or ones someone else took? cause i would love to upload them to snapfish and print them out! may i? the one of you 2 walking out of the chapel is just gorgeous. i love how the windows make it look like it was raining out, but sunny. it's just so sweet looking. :)

The Goodfellas said...

by the way, laurie - can you link on some of those godzilla clips?? :D

Megan said...

Kerri,
My dress was from a place called Group USA. It was really reasonably priced, as were all their dresses. They have a website, you should check it out!

Laurie,
Yay! I hardly have any pictures from the wedding that I can share, and all the professional ones are copyrighted and not digital. No one in my family took any pictures!

Jenny,
Yeah, you can download these. They were taken by Brian's aunt and uncle.

Bye!

Anonymous said...

Megan,
I still have a few pictures and some of your shower that are digital. I will get them for you. Connie

Anonymous said...

Megan,
It was a wonderful day! I have digital pictures of your shower, a few of the rehearsal dinner and the wedding and will get those for you. Your dress was perfect and you are right. Brian looked very cute but I guess being his mom I will always say that. You were beautiful. I also believe Paul and Corrie may have a video. Connie

Anonymous said...

megs, they are lovely pictures!!! and it was a lovely day!!! i have a terrible dilemna though!!!!! i REALLY need vern and connie's address!!!!! i just realized you still haven't sent it, and i never sent them a thank you card!!! AND i accidentally gave your parent's card to jenny and matt, and they never got a thank you card either!!!! HOW EMBARASSING!!!! PLEASE forgive me everyone who's reading this!!!!!!!! :(

Christy and Randy said...

Hey Guys,
How are you two doing? I loved seeing those pictures, it made me feel like I was actually there in person. (Not just by cell phone!) And I would also like to say that on the post with the pictures from Alaska where Brian is posing with the purse, "BRIAN, I GAVE THAT PURSE TO MEGAN, YOU GOT YOUR OWN PRESENT!! Okay, enough of that. Talk to you guys soon. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

megs! I love it!!!!! Thanks so much for posting the story and the pictures--how sweet. now i anxiously await the rest!

yup, steve got married. (finally!) he and stacy have been dating for five years, engaged for two. (she had cancer for the first year of their engagement...hence why it took so long.) I don't know her very well yet, because she's from tennesseee...but i guess I have time! -beth